tudent Art in the Square provides aspiring high school artists with an invaluable opportunity to participate in and learn the mechanics of a world-class art festival. Candidates submit their art for juried consideration by completing an online application
. Accepted artists will have their work exhibited at Art in the Square in a special sponsored Student Art tent, and some artists will receive awards—including cash prizes—for their achievements.
Students who participate in this charitable event may count their time volunteered toward high school community service hours needed for graduation. Students not participating as artists, or other adults, may also sign up to volunteer in the Student Art tent. Click here for volunteer sign-up information. Student artists will also have the opportunity to sell their work.
The 2014 application is now closed. Interested candidates for the 2015 event can apply early next year. In filling out this application, you agree to the following rules and regulations. Please read all of these rules and regulations very carefully.
Rules & Regulations
- Artwork must be produced only by the student artist.
- All artwork will be juried by a panel which includes professional artists, gallery owners as well as community members.
- Art needs to be available for display at Art in the Square, April 25-27, 2014.
- Students are responsible for transporting their art to the Gazebo on Thursday, April 24, between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- To ensure fairness for every student, artist rules contained in the application will be strictly enforced.
- All photos of artwork submitted and event participants may be used for publicity.
- All artwork must be original. No prefabricated forms, kits, imports, manufactured molds, wholesale or mass-produced items.
- All art selected for the event needs to be matted and ready to be hung. Please no glass and/or frames.
- Student Art in the Square is open to all student artists in NE Tarrant County high schools, including public, private and home school.
- The student artists must be present during assigned times.
- Student artists will be provided a tent and display materials. Student artists can sign up to work a volunteer shift to host the tent during the weekend.
- Security will be provided; however, no one connected with Art in the Square is responsible for damage or loss to your property.
- Awards will be presented on Sunday, April 27th at 2:00 p.m. at the Gazebo.
- All students are asked to attend this presentation and then pick up their art from the Student Art tent. Any art not collected immediately following the presentation will be left unattended.
More questions? Please read our list of Frequently Asked Questions.