outh Art in the Square provides aspiring high school artists with an invaluable opportunity to participate in and learn the mechanics of a world-class art festival. Candidates submit their art for juried consideration by completing an online application
. Accepted artists will have their work exhibited at Art in the Square in a special sponsored Youth Art tent, and some artists will receive awards—including cash prizes—for their achievements.
Students who participate in this charitable event may count their time volunteered toward high school community service hours needed for graduation. Students not participating as artists, or other adults, may also sign up to volunteer in the Youth Art tent. Click here for volunteer sign-up information. Youth artists will also have the opportunity to sell their work.
Interested candidates for the 2012 event can now complete the online application by clicking here. In filling out this application, you agree to the following rules and regulations. Please read all of these rules and regulations very carefully.
Rules & Regulations
- Artwork must be produced only by the student artist.
- All artwork will be juried by a panel which includes professional artists, gallery owners as well as community members.
- Art needs to be available for display at Art in the Square, April 26-28, 2013.
- Students are responsible for transporting their art to the Gazebo on Thursday, April 26, between 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- To ensure fairness for every student, artist rules contained in the application will be strictly enforced.
- All photos of artwork submitted and event participants may be used for publicity.
- All artwork must be original. No prefabricated forms, kits, imports, manufactured molds, wholesale or mass-produced items.
- All art selected for the event needs to be matted and ready to be hung. Please no glass and/or frames.
- Youth Art in the Square is open to all student artists in NE Tarrant County high schools, including public, private and home school.
- The student artists must be present during assigned times.
- Student artists will be provided a tent and display materials. Youth artists can sign up to work a volunteer shift to host the tent during the weekend.
- Security will be provided; however, no one connected with Art in the Square is responsible for damage or loss to your property.
- Awards will be presented on Sunday, April 28th at 2:00 p.m. at the Gazebo.
- All students are asked to attend this presentation and then pick up their art from the Youth Art tent. Any art not collected immediately following the presentation will be left unattended.
More questions? Please read our list of Frequently Asked Questions.